The Daily Coffee Café Franchise Group is a fast-growing and truly South African coffee café franchise with 23 coffee cafés already established in South Africa. We are set to further expand nationally.
The Group has the distinction of being awarded the National Franchisor of the Year 2017 award by the National Small Business Chamber of South Africa (NSBC). We’ve also received the NSBC’s South Africa Top 20 Small Business and Entrepreneurship Award for the same year.
The Daily Coffee Café stands out for good reasons:
- It is different to others. Our coffee cafés offer a professional, yet intimate ambience and a coffee experience where traditionalists, modernists, purists, the finicky and the easy going feel equally at home. It is not your average coffee shop – it is informal and casual, yet with a corporate elegance and flair.
- Our coffee cafés transform into what individual patrons want them to be. Those who prefer seclusion find it in the easy ambience. Want to have fun? No problem! Looking for a space for a business discussion? Our upmarket feel and our soothing coffee will facilitate the clinching of the deal.
- Inspired by the café life so prevalent from Cape Town to New York, our modern and striking, yet subtle interior, together with its hassle-free setting uplift, relax and prepare customers for a refined experience, whether on their own or in a group. Key to this is the pleasing and much talked about New-York-meets-Karoo theme of all our cafés which takes you on a visual journey where you can expect to come across hints of upmarket Big Apple urbanism, combined with shades of customary down to earth South African appeal.
- Our seductive and tantalizing menu whispers quality and value for all tastes and requirements.
- What usually start off as spur-of-the-moment visits, soon change into coming-back-for-more repeats. Regular clientele form a large part of our patronage which benefits not only the franchisee, but also brings more feet into the commercial centres in which our cafés are situated.
- We prefer to select smaller and modern boutique style shopping centres as locations for our cafés. Not only does the upmarket nature of these premises complement our trendy style and approach, but it especially allows us to really show off what The Daily Coffee Café is about and what we offer.
- Our cafés on average seat around 60 patrons. Like the inquisitive lass in the fairy tale who scouted around in the house of the three bears, we can also add: “Not too big. Not too small. Just right!”
- The Daily Coffee Café Franchise Group doesn’t stand back when it comes to playing with the other big guns in the market. Having successfully started and managed the very first The Daily Coffee Café himself, Adriaan de Bruyn – Group CEO – has gained all the coal face (or shall we say coffee brew) experience required to know and understand the requirements of successfully running a business in this industry. Add to this the proven managerial and business experience of co-owner and Group COO Kobie Malan, then there can be no doubt that the Group is managed and directed by a capable and dedicated team who can make things work and with a drive and passion to do so.
- And, having already opened the door for a fairy tale ending, the best part is the outstanding, much-loved and largely talked about coffee that The Daily Coffee Café offers. For this reason alone there should be a The Daily franchise in every city, neighbourhood, town and village – from New York to the Karoo and further afield.
No business can operate successfully without meaningful values and principles. Ours are straightforward:
• Use only the best espresso machines and serve only the best coffee.
• Serve only the freshest and most nourishing food.
• Carefully select the best people for the job and train them well.
• On-going quality control.
• Choose the right location for each café.
• Partner with franchisees that will put their hearts and souls into the business.
• Equip and support franchisees to help make them successful.
• As franchisor, remain hands on and involved with each business unit.
The Daily Roastery – a division of The Daily Coffee Café Franchise Group – is the supplier of coffee beans to The Daily Coffee Cafés in the franchise group. This roastery, aptly located in South Africa’s tradition-rich Boland region, is a creative space where the know-how, dedication and zeal of our roasters go hand in hand with modern-day roasting precision, together with the unwavering traditional values of the art of coffee roasting.
Our hand-roasting process that is linked to automated roast profiles, maintains roast consistency and uncompromised quality in each batch of coffee beans that we produce, yet with the coffee roasters’ personal perfection that only the hand-roasting process allows. The strong emphasis that we place on the quality and taste of our coffee beans ensures that each cup of coffee that our coffee cafés serve, is crafted to perfection.
We source the finest coffee beans from coffee producing regions in Africa. And although the New-York-meets-Karoo décor theme of our coffee cafés says something of the international inspiration behind our cafés, the African origin of our coffee beans confirms where our roots are – right here in Africa!
We acknowledge that our suppliers and service providers are vitally important to us. We can only be successful if they are. We select them based on the following merits:
• Stability of their businesses.
• Consistency in supply and delivery.
• Capacity to deliver.
• Track record with their other customers.
• Price, compared to the value that they add.
• Character and ability to become an extension of The Daily Coffee Café Franchise Group’s ecosystem and operation